2/06/2008

Cross-eyed Mary

Roger Simon breaks down the mind-boggling mess the DNC has cooked up with proportional rep/pledged delegates/superdelegates. Simon's thinking is wrong about Florida and Michigan:

"In Michigan, Hillary Clinton was the only name on the Democratic ballot. In Florida, Democratic candidates were banned from campaigning. Are the Democrats really going to seat them if they could make the difference in who wins and who loses?"

Simon thinks Obama's needs are more important than the voters. Obama thinks the same way. No, Obama's needs are in conflict with Florida and Michigan voters. The voters' needs take priority.

Simon does make the case that DNC mission creep has fucked up our primary process. All the more reason Florida and Michigan voters don't deserve to be disenfranchised by DNC's cross-eyed confusion.

As for not campaigning in Florida, I'm sure Florida heard about Oprahpalooza. I'm sure Florida saw the viral 1984 ad. Florida can watch Chris Matthews slobbering over Obama every night if they want to. And I'm sure Florida has heard 'hope' and 'change' as much as I have, however hard I try to avoid it. Hearing Obama say 'hope' and 'change' another thousand times wasn't likely to change their minds.

"If your vote doesn't matter, I'll count it. If your vote matters, I won't count it." Obama, Hope '08.

4 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oprahpalooza", LMAO!

I found your blog through the Women's Media Center comments (and I really like your comments/style). Some day I too will have a blog here on Blogspot, but for right now all I have is a LiveJournal. :( -- jackkraken at gmail.com

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Nein Onine said...

Well, I guess I do have a Blogger/Google account. I just wanted to point you to this article that I saw on the Clinton blogs: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/02/and-obama-wept.html

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Nein Onine said...

Oh my, it looks like that long link doesn't show...I guess you have to put it together in your address bar then

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/
2008/02/and-obama-wept.html

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Hobbitt said...

Craig Crawford:

http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/trailmix/2008/03/florida-doover-should-not-igno.html


"Barack Obama’s team argues that it would not be fair to count the Florida Primary results because both sides agreed not to campaign in the state.

Well, I was here in Orlando for the entire month leading up to that primary, recuperating from a broken ankle and, sadly, watching a lot of television. I saw Obama’s television advertisements every day, several times a day, running on at least two cable news channels."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home